Hi! Welcome to The Indie Ally’s Refund Rules. Since we are a platform, these rules outline what you can expect from us based off of the services that you purchase. They apply to all customers/clients.
The services that sell on the platform are digital services and cannot be “returned”, so your entitlement to a refund is designed with this in mind. Of course, in addition to these rules, each country has its own laws surrounding refunds, and these local laws are not excluded if they apply to you.
Before you ask for a refund from an author
If you have purchased a service or an item from us we recommend that you contact us and seek assistance.
Asking for refunds
We understand, however, that sometimes The Indie Ally may not be able to solve your issue or there may be circumstances in which a refund is warranted. In this case, here are the circumstances in which we would expect an author to provide you with a refund:
- Service is “not as described”.
- Website has a security vulnerability
- Service was promised but not provided
Service/ premade is “not as described” or doesn’t work the way it should.
If a website doesn’t work the way it should then The Indie Ally is required to promptly fix the issue. If you received a premade and the information was missing or incorrect then, we will fix the issue. If there is a problem with hosting, then we will fix the problem. If the issue can’t be fixed or it turns out that the service/ item is “not as described” then you would be entitled to a refund.
Item support is promised but not provided
If you have a current support entitlement, and you are not provided that support, then you will be provided a refund.
Resolving disputes – asking The Indie Ally to help
If you(buyer/ client) and The Indie Ally can’t come to an agreement about a refund, then you will be asked to provide supporting documentation or evidence. Any refund issued by The Indie Ally is entirely discretionary. We will make a decision based on all available information and you agree that our decision is final.
The Indie Ally is not obliged to give policy refunds in any of the situations listed below.
- you didn’t want it after purchasing
- you have changed your mind about a service;
- The Service/item did not meet your expectations or you feel the item is of low quality;
- You claim that you are entitled to a refund but do not provide sufficient information as to why you are entitled to a refund;
- you bought a service by mistake;
- you do not have sufficient expertise to use WordPress;
- Deposits are nonrefundable;
- you are not pleased that you didn’t make sales;
- you didn’t see the Facebook posts ;
- there wasn’t any interaction on your Facebook post; or
- you ask for goodwill;
Version 1.0 – Effective date: June 24, 2019.